Enter your email in the box below to subscribe to the blog
Hello Everybody! I’m Adam, I’m 18 years old and I’m currently in the middle of a two year bike trip as a gap year between High School and College. I’m doing this as a sort of way to educate myself on the world before going to school for real and of course to grow my love for cycle touring.
I’ve toured with my family all my life, ever since my dad and pregnant mom pulled me in a Burley trailer across Mexico as a baby. Since then I’ve toured the US from coast to coast, Cuba, Eastern Europe and some weekend trips with my family. And now I’m off doing it on my own.
I’ve been on the road now for over half a year already and I’ve cycled across nine countries in that time. Check out the blog if you want to read about my day to day life on the road!
Latest from the blog
- Sept 28-Nov 17: Fethiye to AmsterdamNormally I have to review my website to establish when my previous blog post was written so I can correctly title my post. This time, I remember clearly my last blog post. It was my last day before leaving Asia and taking my boat to Europe, it felt like a very monumental day for me,Continue reading “Sept 28-Nov 17: Fethiye to Amsterdam”
- He is Risen – Adam Swanson returns from the dead after obituary is sent out to some 200 people by email.Contrary to popular belief, I am not actually dead. Here’s some proof with the details of my last two months since the previous blog update. After writing the last blog post, I spent a week in Bishkek with Henry trying to decide what our route should be as we continue to head west. We hadContinue reading “He is Risen – Adam Swanson returns from the dead after obituary is sent out to some 200 people by email.”
- Adam Swanson’s Obituary (Kidding)Okay, I’m not really dead. I’ve just been AWOL from the internet for a few months. I apologize for the long wait for this update. But at least I’m still alive to write it. Look on the bright side! The following will cover the most noteworthy aspects of the past 2.5 months of my travels.Continue reading “Adam Swanson’s Obituary (Kidding)”
- Nepal Pt. 1I touched down in Kathmandu at 10 PM on the 7th of April. The fastest airport turnaround I’ve ever had. I was out of the airport by 10:20 with a visa and everything. My immigration officer even followed me on Instagram. My taxi dropped me off at the Airbnb at 11 where I met KailiContinue reading “Nepal Pt. 1”
- March 10 – March 31I’ve been in India now for three weeks. My last entry was written in the Surat Thani airport in Thailand. These last few weeks in India have been so packed with activities that Thailand feels like months ago now so get ready for my jam packed memories of the past three weeks. I flew fromContinue reading “March 10 – March 31”
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.